Friday, January 4, 2013

Velvet spool

Anthropologie had the sweetest little spools wrapped in velvet, but they were expensive!  I want to say they were $12 - i gasped and put them back on the shelf so quickly I'm not 100% on the price. 

A couple of weeks later I saw the exact same ones in TJ Maxx, and decided to splash out the $5.  That's still a ridiculous price for a spool and bit of velvet but they were just so bright and cheerful I couldn't resist.


The only thing better that one velvet spool is TWO velvet spools!!  I already had a spool from one of my many thrift store visits.  I picked up some velvet ribbon from Michaels, wound it round and pinned it.

Ta-da:


Kate
xxx

See more crafty ideas HERE
 


Linking Back To
 



I Heart Nap Time

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, new visitor from the Sundae Scoop link party. I love this idea! Yes, Anthropologie is SO expensive, but lucky you that you found a way to replicate the look for less. That would be so cute in a sewing room. Thanks for sharing!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie, I'm always on the hunt for a look for less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped over from twelveOeight. I really like the spools! I'm a bit of a ribbon collector, so I'd be using them over and over. Forever :) Thanks for sharing!

    Jeanette @ Creating A Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo pretty and a great deal too!! Thank you so much for sharing this week at the Pretty Things Party at twelveOeight :)

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete