Monday, June 3, 2013

MIA in MIA

And I'm back - did you miss me?  We took a little time out to regroup and take a much needed holiday.  I'll give you one guess where....


The weather was beautiful, the beach was amazing and it was great to catch up with family and just relax.  No work, no emails, no ringing phones, perfect!


It wouldn't be a trip to Miami without a couple of gratuitous shots of palm trees and art deco buildings.


Fun times.


Not to say I wasn't planning and listing and thinking about all of the projects and updates I still want to accomplish this year (how can it be June already!).

First up was tackling the dreaded Ikea flat pack shelving we picked up on our last trip to the ATL (more on that HERE).

I was surprised at how easy it was to put together (although, to be fair, there were only 8 pieces).  One allen key and 20 minutes later, we have this:


The only surfaces we had in the bedroom were the 2 nightstands and the dresser so we were in desperate need of some shelving.  It fits perfectly next to the window in the master, and there is still plenty of room to open the closet door. 


I've also moved the TJ Maxx bench from the end of the bed to by the window to create a little nosey neighbor seat.


The bottom shelf is perfect for putting the cushions on when they're not on the bed.  The little white guy next to him is a Moomin (Google it!).


Most of the other item are either decorative or give us some extra storage.


The graphic magazine holders were from the Target dollar section and the cow photo was from Etsy seller Stephs Shoes.


And how could you not love the little smiling ceramic Russian doll.


Top shelf, front and center, is my all time favorite piece of art.


It's a vintage painting by numbers from a local flea mall.  I mean, I think it's vintage.  How can you ever really tell - it could have been painted last week by a 6 year old for all i know!  But I still love it!




Anyone else adding some extra storage or fighting with flat pack furniture?

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment