Friday, August 16, 2013

2 for joy

During my trip home I inherited some fantastic retro/vintage family goodies.  Most of it was too big or heavy to bring back this trip, but I did manage to squish my favorite thing in my case (carefully rolled inside a cardboard tube).


My mum did this pen and ink drawing of 2 magpies in 1984.  She is one talented cookie.  Any shred of creativity I have has definitely been inherited from her. 


Its now hanging in our living room, above the little shoe cabinet that used to be in the kitchen. Along with my latest knick knack - a $5 sale vase from TJ Maxx.  I thought it was kind of Jonathan Adler-ish.  Maybe?

Kate
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog! You have an eye for style. By the way, I live close to Birmingham, too.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy :-) There are so many amazing places to treasure hunt in Birmingham! I love it!

      Delete