Thursday, August 1, 2013

Homeward Bound

I'm back!  Sorry about the humongo break in posts, but a few things came up including an unexpected trip back to the UK.  Sad circumstances but good to see fahhhhhhmly - said in my best Peggy "Get outta my pub" Mitchell voice (if you don't know Eastenders, its a long running British soap that irritatingly got cancelled in the US just as I moved here.  Why BBC America, whhhhhhhhyyyyy??).

I took a couple of quick snaps while I was home - mainly to prove to my doubting Thomas of a husband that the sun does come out in the UK.  Most times we go back home it's cold and wet, so here is exhibit A.  Beach, sun, people.  See, I told you so, ha!


This was taken on a random Wednesday.  I'm not entirely sure why these people weren't at work - I get the feeling there were a lot of sickies pulled that day!


Things around to the house are moving along.  I've been on a window treatment kick with new faux wood blinds in the kitchen and new curtains in the dining room.  Pics to follow once I take them down and iron them (the curtains, not the blinds, clearly ironing faux wood would be madness!).  I was hoping the rumples would drop out once they had been hanging for a while, but no such luck.

I've also put my name on a couple of waiting lists for booth space in flea markets around Birmingham.  I am beyond excited about getting my own little shop.  Ok, maybe shop is a bit of an exaggeration, but that's what I'm calling it.  And I plan on packing it with amazingness.  I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear anything.

Phew, feels good to be back!

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment