Friday, August 9, 2013

Viva Las Vegas!

Ok, so this time I'm really back.  I promise!  Just in time for the weekend :-)

But before all things DIY, a quick recap of this week because we were in ............. Vegas!!! 

Check out the crazy round field things I spied on the flight over.  Is that a thing in the US?  Round fields?  I spotted them as we were flying over Texas (thank you flight tracker) and they just amazed me - every single one was a perfect circle.


The flight was painless.  A few complimentary nuts and a Sprite later and we were there.  Can you tell what this huge sculpture was made of?  Boats!  Hundreds of boats.  Strange but impressive.


I'm not a big gambler, but I love seeing all the hotels and crazy lights.  We stayed at the Vdara (part of the new city centre development) and this was the view from our room.  Not to shabby.


Of course no trip to Vegas would be complete without a visit to one of the mega buffets. We stopped by the Bacchus buffet at Caesars.  There was a bit of a wait to get in, and that's where I spied these unusual light fixtures.  They were made of upturned glasses with fairy lights running behind them.  Seemed like a pretty easy DIY if you have a pillar the size of a double decker bus that needs jazzing up.  Who doesn't?!


In thrifty business news, before we jetted out to Vegas I picked up a pair of Danish chairs at a local thrift shop.  They are looking soooo sad so I'm hoping to transform them this weekend - weather permitting!  Check back on Monday to see whether they look amazing or even worse - yikes!

Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment