Monday, September 23, 2013

Headboard History

Happy Monday, and Happy Autumn!  Today I wanted to share the transformation of my $30 head board.  This is how it looked when I first brought it home from a local flea market.


After an allover coat of cream, this is how it has looked for the past year.


It seemed to be the perfect candidate for a chevron paint pattern given that the wood was already carved into that shape - so no measuring or taping needed, yippee!

I used the existing cream as one chevron colour, and picked a colour 2 shades darker than the wall for the second chevron.  I wanted to make sure the tone would work in the room, so using a colour on the same paint chip was the easy option.  It only took a couple of coats and it was evenly covered.


It's like a little hidden surprise when you lay the pillows down, and is a much more interesting than it being in one colour.


 
Kate
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment